This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Why is getaddrinfo in posix?
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: Why is getaddrinfo in posix?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:36:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>,GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 04:15:03PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> > "H . J . Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > > Shouldn't getaddrinfo be in one of those directory for network?
> > Why should it matter? This is a function invented for POSIX and so
> > found a fitting place in this subdir.
> I have no problem to add them in posix during the build. I'd like
> to add them to posix only when sysdeps/unix/inet is included during
That seems like a good reason to use inet or resolv for all network-related