This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: config.guess for ev68 [Was: Re: glibc-2.2.4pre2 success on alpha]
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: config.guess for ev68 [Was: Re: glibc-2.2.4pre2 success on alpha]
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:05:34 +1000
- Cc: "Ken Whaley" <ken at believe dot com>, <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, config-patches at gnu dot org
- References: <NDBBKBAPHBIINMMNGLHEGEGODDAA.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
> The cpu detect doesn't work for ev68, which has a different
> amask value (0x1307) from the ev67 (0x307), so
> scripts/config.guess returns plain alpha-unknown-linux-gnu.
> I'd imagine that it would be better to default an ev68 to
> host type alphaev67 until/whenever alphaev68 support is added.
Please first send your patch to the config maintainers (CC'ed). If
they approve it, we'll import the new config.guess version in
I'm going to discard this patch because the current version of
config.guess reworks all of this stuff -- please try it out and see
how it goes. It uses /proc/cpuinfo, so if /proc/cpuinfo says the
right thing on the ev68, then it's a no-op.