Re: fde-glibc.c bug

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:21:59PM +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Ulrich> Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:
> >> The tricky part would be if static binary dlopens a C++ library how
> >> would glibc which was dlopened get the phdr/phnum pair from the
> >> static binary.
>
> Ulrich> Forget about this.  The only time glibc supports dlopen from
> Ulrich> static apps is to get NSS going.  Nothing else is supported.
> Ulrich> I'd love to add code which runs mkfs on all filesystems to, ehm,
> Ulrich> discourage people from doing anything else.
>
> But we already have the problem with nss in static apps right now with
> libnss_files.so.2 being linked with libgcc that wants
> __ia64_app_header. Wouldn't it be better than to use AT_PHDR through
> glibc on the ia64 as well?

I believe that is not what Uli complained about, I still think
__ia64_app_header should go, static glibc should contain its own
__glibc_app_header or whatever which would be initialized the same way as
__ia64_app_header used to (or using AT_PHDR if given by the kernel)
and for_each_dso should use it #ifndef SHARED.

	Jakub