Tree based nss module with fine grained permission control

Hi!

Today I wrote an NSS module that implements groups and passwd in a
directory tree based structure under /etc/usertree. I'll put it in the
CVS of

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/seventh

as soon as I can think of a good name for it. Suggestions very
welcome! usertree is really getting on my nerves after typing it so
much ;-) and I have no idea how I chose it.

The source is under GPL, and anybody who wants a sneak preview need
only drop me a mail. I don't suppose that there is any likelihood that
it'll get included in libc? The nss module is only 500 lines or so.

Detailed explanation of directory structure (comments very welcome):

In /etc/usertree/user and /etc/usertree/group there are a
subdirectories for each user or group, called by the name of the user
or group. For example there is usually a directory
/etc/usertree/user/root.

Inside each user directory are
	fullname - a file containing the so-called gecos information
	password - a file containing password information

	uid - a symlink to the uid of the user under /etc/usertree/uid
	gid - a symlink to the main gid of the user under /etc/usertree/gid
	shell - a symlink to the user's shell
	homedir - a symlink to the user's home directory

Inside each group directory are
	password - a file containing password information

	members - a subdirectory containing symlinks named with users'
	names and pointing to users' subdirectories under /etc/usertree/user

	gid - a symlink to the gid of the group under /etc/usertree/gid

In /etc/usertree/uid and /etc/usertree/gid there are symlinks named
with id numbers pointing to users' or groups' directories under
/etc/usertree/user and /etc/usertree/group.

--

	http://ape.n3.net