This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: am_pm question
- To: jakub at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: am_pm question
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:04:57 -0700
- CC: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010522185117.A642@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:51:17 +0200
> From: Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> I got a bugreport that en_AU locale does not define AM/PM.
> Anyone knows
> a) if Australia should use 12 or 24 hour time
It currently default to 24-hour by default, but....
> b) even if date +%c does not use 12 hour time, shouldn't
> each locale specify %p (AM/PM) strings?
yes. Both forms are used in Australia.
> Checking what does Solaris:
> a) it uses 24 hour time for Australia like glibc
> b) LC_TIME=en_AU date +%r (and LC_TIME=en_AU date +%p) even
> then include AM/PM strings
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>