This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [firstname.lastname@example.org] libc/2269: triginometric argument reductionerror in libm
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [email@example.com] libc/2269: triginometric argument reductionerror in libm
- From: Bruce Allen <ballen at gravity dot phys dot uwm dot edu>
- Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 10:31:22 -0500 (CDT)
- cc: aj at suse dot de, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, ballen at uwm dot edu, moshier at mediaone dot net
On Sun, 20 May 2001, Geoff Keating wrote:
> Someone needs to fix libc/sysdeps/i386/fpu/s_sin.S so that it does
> proper range reduction, I think. It works fine on non-x86 chips.
> Intel's manual (I was looking at the 'Pentium Processor Family
> Developer's Manual, volume 3') has some spectacularly bad advice on
> how to do range reduction. I would suggest ignoring it.
Could you please give a URL for this manual? I'm familiar enough with the
problems of range reduction to be interested in seeing how they got it