This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Can I use LDT on i586?
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Can I use LDT on i586?
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:27:44 -0700
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <20010519094610.A27741@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 10:09:56AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <email@example.com> writes:
> > Glibc only uses LDT on i686. I looked at the 2.4 kernel. LDT seems to
> > be compiled in even for i586. Can I use LDT on i586 for linuxthreads?
> In theory yes. But I never tried it and I'm not convince the speed is OK.
Is there a benchmark I can use or should I just time the linuxthreads