This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: A patch for dl-profile
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: A patch for dl-profile
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 00:09:28 -0700
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <20010516212907.A13839@lucon.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:52:46PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > This patch will terminate ld.so before segfault.
> Have you analyzed what the real reason for the problem is? You just
> avoid problems by terminating the process (which might or might not be
> the correct answer). But to decide this I have to know what the real
> reason is.
The reason is the profile data file is BAD for some reason. But ld.so
shouldn't segfault like that.