This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: __frame_state_for has dissappeared from libgcc
- To: Mark Kettenis <kettenis at science dot uva dot nl>
- Subject: Re: __frame_state_for has dissappeared from libgcc
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 14:07:56 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200105162037.f4GKbfR06957@soliton.wins.uva.nl>
On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:35:35PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> However contrary to the __eprintf-case, I expect that the removeal
> of __frame_state_for from the shared libgcc will cause serious
> problems, at least on GNU systems (the Hurd, Linux):
Also unlike __eprintf, it was never intended that __frame_state_for be
used outside of libgcc. That has been used is *extremely* irritating.
This was brought to my attention a few days ago. I'm still pondering
what to do about it. It may be possible to re-implement on top of the
new EH code. It may be that glibc must grab the old code from gcc 2.95
and include that in its source.