This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc MIPS patch to check for binutils version...
- To: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at cotw dot com>
- Subject: Re: glibc MIPS patch to check for binutils version...
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:54:15 -0700
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com
- References: <3AFBD5DE.A0457C6F@cotw.com>
On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 07:06:54AM -0500, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> ***** Changelog entry *****
> * sysdeps/mips/rtld-ldscript.in: removed unneeded binary
> output format directive
I don't believe those rtld-ldscript.in and rtld-parms are needed for
the new MIPS toolchain at all. They may cause more trouble than
without. Could you please tell me what breaks when you remove them?
There is a chance that the old binaries compiled against glibc 2.0.x
may run with the new glibc 2.2 without those linker scripts for the