This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: (Slightly off topic) Re: Patch for MIPS targets...
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: (Slightly off topic) Re: Patch for MIPS targets...
- From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at cotw dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:48:08 -0500
- CC: Chiaki Ishikawa <Chiaki dot Ishikawa at personal-media dot co dot jp>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200105091804.DAA23992@sparc18.personal-media.co.jp> <20010510085353.A14861@lucon.org>
- Reply-To: sjhill at cotw dot com
"H . J . Lu" wrote:
> There is a possibility that the new glibc compiled with the new
> toolset is compatible with the old binaries compiled with the old
> toolset. Could somone with the Linux MIPS machine please verify it?
If you compile glibc-2.2.x with the old and new toolchain, things
will be just fine. If you try and use a glibc-2.0.x binary with the
newly compiled glibc-2.2.x you are screwed.
Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
Public Key: 'http://www.cotw.com/pubkey.txt'
FPR1: E124 6E1C AF8E 7802 A815
FPR2: 7D72 829C 3386 4C4A E17D