This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: (Slightly off topic) Re: Patch for MIPS targets...
- To: Chiaki Ishikawa <Chiaki dot Ishikawa at personal-media dot co dot jp>
- Subject: Re: (Slightly off topic) Re: Patch for MIPS targets...
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:53:53 -0700
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, sjhill at cotw dot com
- References: <200105091804.DAA23992@sparc18.personal-media.co.jp>
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 03:04:54AM +0900, Chiaki Ishikawa wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago, some incompatible change to fix
> dormant bug of MIPS tool chain was discussed, and I brought up
> the topic of Sony's intention to release a beta(?) of linux for
> the popular playstation 2 (based on MIPS CPU).
> It seemed that the release of the kernel and toolset was based on
> somewhat old MIPS version of these software packages.
> Since the expected number of initial shipment was 1000, this might
> be a big increase of MIPS linux users and the version incompatibilty
> could be a big problem.
There is a possibility that the new glibc compiled with the new
toolset is compatible with the old binaries compiled with the old
toolset. Could somone with the Linux MIPS machine please verify it?