This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Handle undefined symbol in DSO from DT_NEEDED
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Handle undefined symbol in DSO from DT_NEEDED
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:30:54 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010508210253.A11993@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:25:42PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <email@example.com> writes:
> > glibc 2.2.3 changes atexit from default to hidden. DSOs with
> > unversioned references to atexit fail to link if they are loaded
> > in via a DT_NEEDED entry. This patch makes it non-fatal. I will
> > check it in if I don't hear any objections by Thursday.
> Why should the linker ignore bugs? Don't work around problems users
> introduced. Make them fix their code.
DSOs compiled against glibc 2.0 may have unversioned references to
atexit. I won't blame people for compiling DSOs against glibc 2.0.