This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: shared lib problem with atexit
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: shared lib problem with atexit
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:43:33 -0700
- Cc: Bruno Haible <haible at ilog dot fr>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 08:31:46AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Bruno Haible <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > With recent glibc, I'm getting a link error when trying to build applications
> > using libqt. I don't understand where the problem lies - in libc or in the
> > linker.
> Kick the qt people. They most definitely have built the DSO without
> linking with libc.
That is probably true. However, it does break DSOs compiled against
glibc 2.0.x. I am thinking if we should add a libc-compat.a or
something like that. We can build it with
# $(CC) -nostdlib -nostartfiles -r libc-compat.a atexit.oS
If people have to use those DSOs, they can add -lc_compat.