This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: i386 fpu function rewrite
- To: drepper at cygnus dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
- Subject: Re: i386 fpu function rewrite
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: 06 May 2001 11:42:54 +0200
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ulrich Drepper <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Andreas Jaeger <email@example.com> writes:
> > This assembles to the same file if I use -momit-leaf-frame-pointer or
> > -fomit-frame-pointer, otherwise the frame pointer is added.
> If loading the parameters is all which is done in C then fine. But no
> step further. Been there, done that. I've looked into using macros
> to add only few asm instructions and do the rest in C. gcc simply
> screws it up. The register stack handling is not clever enough.
Ok, I'll sent some patches the next days.
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org