This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Prelinking of shared libraries
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: Prelinking of shared libraries
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 01:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, bastian at kde dot org
- References: <email@example.com>
Andreas Jaeger writes:
> I'm currently looking into what needs to be done to implement
> prelinking in glibc (I'm not volunteering yet ;-) and whether it would
> really help.
IRIX does prelinking, Uli and others looked into it, and the result
if I remember correctly is that the added complexity nullified much
of the performance gain.
David S. Miller