Re: Patch for MIPS targets...

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:14:43AM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 02:03:20PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> > Note that giving a new soname wouldn't really help at all.  You'd have
> > to bump the soname of the dynamic linker itself, and that would mean
> > recompiling just about everything anyway.  The only difference between
>
> So? That is what you get if you want to run the old binaries. We have
> done that for ia32, ia64 and alpha.
>
> > the two ABIs appears to be the base address of shared objects!
>
> I don't believe so. Do you have the ABI spec for IRIX? Have you
> compared it against the SVR4 MIPS ABI?

No, I haven't.  However, the GCC patches have been in use for a while;
the only change in binutils with the tradmips switch that caused any
issues is the change of SHLIB_TEXT_START_ADDR.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team