Re: glibc-2.2.3 make check complaints

Stephen L Moshier <moshier@mediaone.net> writes:

> testgrp.out says:
>     Cannot find user entry for UID 1000
> This refers to an entry in the /etc/group table that happens to be incorrect.
> make check on previous glibc versions did not fall upon this error.

The test uses the UID of the user to do some sanity checking.  If the
entries are corrupted somehow you'll get a failure.  I don't see how
we could distinguish glibc problems from user problems.  Simply fix
your entry.

> globtest.out says:
>     - /tmp/globtest-out differ: char 1, line 1
>     Tilde3 test failed
> For what it may be worth, the shell installed on this system is
> $ echo $BASH_VERSION
> 1.14.7(1)

This is most probably related to the other problem.  Fix the passwd
entry and run the test suite again.