Re: nl_langinfo (_NL_PAPER_HEIGHT) problem

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>
> > According to the documentation and to Unix98, nl_langinfo returns a
> > string - but it seems that glibc returns in this case an integer?
> >
> > This looks broken to me.
>
> No, this is how I've implemented this.  There are other places where a
> pointer has to be converted to an integer.

The austin draft reads: "The nl_langinfo function shall return a
pointer to a string containing information..."

And the glibc manual and headers also don't explain that nl_langinfo
can return anything besides a string.  If we want to stay with the
current implementation, we should add better documentation for it.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de