Re: glibc 2.2.3 problems when compiling on RH 7.1

Byron Stanoszek <gandalf@winds.org> writes:

> I believe that's mainly because RedHat included a beta
> version of 2.2.3 that had the extra symbol defined that is now not defined
> anymore, and several libraries were compiled using that symbol.

No, that's not the problem.  You are not overwriting once libc object
while a different, older one gets used.  It's entirely your fault.

> Until 7.1, I've never had a problem installing glibc on RedHat.

Which just proves my point: the installation is getting more and more
complicated so that people not directly involved in the development
don't know all the details.