This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Posix semaphore between different processes
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at valinux dot com>
- Subject: Re: Posix semaphore between different processes
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:39:13 -0800 (PST)
- cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:
> Are you suggesting we implement POSIX semaphore in kernel, including
> the inter-thread one? I guess kernel can tell if 2 tasks belong to
> the same process or not.
Why? Function pointers be used to bind a different set of operations for a
process-shared semaphore at run time. Going to the kernel for inter-thread
semaphore operations would be a drag.