This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Q] LinuxThreads internals....
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: [Q] LinuxThreads internals....
- From: Bharadwaj Yadavalli <sby at ives dot lkg dot dec dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:37:45 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: Xavier dot Leroy at inria dot fr
- Reply-To: sby at ives dot lkg dot dec dot com
I am trying to understand the internals of LinuxThreads and
I have the following simple question:
In pthread_initialize(void):pthread.c, I notice that
initial stack (__pthread_initial_thread_bos) is computed
by subtracting 2 * STACK_SIZE from the current stack_pointer
before aligning the result to STACK_SIZE boundary. Why *2*
stack sizes? Can someone please explain the logic here?