This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: japanese in locale.alias: Discrepancy between glibc and X11R6
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: japanese in locale.alias: Discrepancy between glibc and X11R6
- From: Kaoru Fukui <k_fukui at highway dot ne dot jp>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 20:15:46 +0900
- CC: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
From: Andreas Jaeger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: japanese in locale.alias: Discrepancy between glibc and X11R6
Date: 29 Nov 2000 11:03:13 +0100
Cc: Egbert Eich <email@example.com>, Mike Fabian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias has:
> japanese ja_JP.SJIS
> but the current glibc 2.2:
> japanese ja_JP.eucJP
> This might lead to for X applications using "japanese". Which file
> should be changed so that they're synchronised.
ja_JP.eucJP is not same coding to ja_JP.SJIS.
Probably ja_JP.eucJP is same one for ja in X.
Last year our disccuss result in japan that is ja_JP.eucJP which
is basically use.
We should use ja_JP.eucJP.