This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: A DT_INIT/DT_FINI glibc patch.
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at valinux dot com>
- Subject: Re: A DT_INIT/DT_FINI glibc patch.
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:55:42 +1100 (EST)
- cc: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>, parisc-linux at thepuffingroup dot com
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:
> While we are on this subject, I looked at the hppa code. It seems to
> have the same bug. I have an impression that HP never really used
> DT_INIT/DT_FINI. They use DT_INIT_ARRAY/DT_FINI_ARRAY. I don't know
> if we should fix hppa also.
Yes to all of these comments. elf32-hppa stole some ideas from ia64,
which is why the bug is common.
Fortunately, I think hppa ld.so etc. can be fixed in a way such that
current (broken ABI) binaries will still work.
Linuxcare. Support for the Revolution.