Re: Workaround for current gcc problem

    Ulrich> Well, try some other flags.  E.g., -D__USE_STRING_INLINES.
    Ulrich> Gcc still has the same problem introduced by Codesourcery
    Ulrich> people which I report twice in the last three months.  But
    Ulrich> they don't care.

You can blame me directly -- my hapless coworkers are only guilty by
association. :-)

Second, it's not true that I don't care.  It is true that GCC, on the
mainline, is a development compiler, and that I have been much more
focused on completing major bits of functionality than on fixing bugs.
I've volunteered to write a brief porting guide for libstdc++-v3,
since a lot of people have complained that porting to V3 is difficult.

After that, I plan to go into bug-fix mode, and to encourage other
people to do the same.

Finally, in this particular case, we're hoping that to implement the
right logic in GCC's string builtins so that we don't have to use the
giant macros in glibc.