This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Rpm database vanished after installing glibc-2.1.94-3
- To: Kristian Amlie <k_amlie at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: Rpm database vanished after installing glibc-2.1.94-3
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Date: 12 Nov 2000 09:56:15 -0800
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: drepper at cygnus dot com (Ulrich Drepper)
Kristian Amlie <email@example.com> writes:
> <precise description of the problem (multiple lines)>
> I installed glibc 2.1.94-3 together with the following
> All packages were found at www.rpmfind.net
> The install were done in runlevel 1 with a single
> command line.
> After this, my rpm database was gone. rpm now reports
> that no packages are
> installed. I tried "rpm --rebuilddb", but it didn't
> seem to do any work at all
> (harddrive led showed no activity) and my database did
> not return.
I've the same libc installed and everything works fine. I don't know
what could be your problem. Ask on the rpm lists.
---------------. ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Red Hat `--' drepper at redhat.com `------------------------