This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: tmpnam v mkstemp
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun dot com>
- Subject: Re: tmpnam v mkstemp
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:11:14 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Also, POSIX does not allow the warning.
Clause, subclause and line numbers? ISO/IEC 9945-2:1993(E) (joint
IEEE/ISO/IEC version) subclause A.1.6.2 page 691 lines 160-161 (describing
the standard error of c89 - a separate linker is merely an implementation
detail beyond the scope of the standard) seems clearly to allow it.
160 This utility may produce warning messages about certain conditions
that do not
161 warrant returning an error (nonzero) exit value.
This is just such a warning, permitted by the standard.
Joseph S. Myers