This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: upgrade problem
- To: Frederic Lepied <flepied at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Subject: Re: upgrade problem
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: 09 Nov 2000 16:27:34 +0100
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> Frederic Lepied writes:
> I have an upgrade problem from glibc 2.1.3 to glibc 2.1.97. When the
> glibc is updated on the system, a lot of applications stop resolving
> names and looking up user info. For example openssh server doesn't
> work anymore without a restart.
You didn't reboot at all? I always reboot afterwards to try to do the
update in single user mode - or with as less applications running as
> After instrumenting the glibc 2.1.3, I found that dynamic loading of
> the libnss was failing. It seems to come from the new libnss* 2.1.97
> libs that need symbols from GLIBC 2.2 which are not present because
> the running programs are still linked with the 2.1.3 glibc.
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org