Re: Default installation of UTF-8 locales

   Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:08:46 +0000
   From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk>

   Ulrich Drepper wrote on 2000-11-08 07:04 UTC:
   > I'm not adding all possible UTF-8 locales.  This is not useful in
   > general.  People can do this themselves when needed.

   I do fully understand that UTF-8 locale files consume a bit more disk
   space, but I think it is very important symbolically that at least the
   following ones are installed by default...

While we're on the subject, Solaris 8 supports the following UTF-8
locales, and it would be a minor nicety if GNU/Linux supported these
locales too.  That would make it a bit easier for people to migrate
from Solaris.

de.UTF-8
en_US.UTF-8
es.UTF-8
fr.UTF-8
it.UTF-8
ja_JP.UTF-8
ko.UTF-8
ko_KR.UTF-8      (an alias for ko.UTF-8)
sv.UTF-8
zh.UTF-8
zh_CN.UTF-8      (an alias for zh.UTF-8)
zh_TW.UTF-8