glibc cvs breaks JDK Mozilla plugin

Ulrich,
    I have confirmed that a change made sometime after Oct 23rd (I will
try some of my snapshot srpms tomorrow to try to pinpoint the date of
breakage better) causes the JDK Java plugin for mozilla to malfunction.
When I use older glibc snapshots from about Oct 23rd I am able to run
mozilla M18 on linuxppc with the JDK Java plugin installed. However
under the current glibc cvs (and I believe for the last couple of
days) mozilla aborts when trying to load this plugin with the message...

before calling the services
java_vm: error while loading shared libraries: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from browser
System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable

Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful at getting Kevin Hendricks who
maintains our JDK on linuxppc to respond to my e-mails on this.
If anyone else on any other platform has mozilla installed and has
the JDK 1.3.0 release as well as the javaplugin.so installed
in their mozilla plugins directory, please do try running mozilla.
I suspect this breakage will be cross-platform.
                 Sorry I can't provide better information yet.
                                     Jack
ps I at least stand a chance of pinpointing the day of the breakage since
I have snapshots from Oct 24 through 28 on a daily basis.