[Brent Phillips <brent@lyrastudios.com>] wide character support in glibc?

Hi, people.  I got the following message.  Would someone on this list be
kind enough to reply?  Or else, where should I ideally send such requests?

Hello,

I've been trying to internationalize some code, using egcs 2.95.1 with
glibc 2.0, but I'm getting errors for many of the wide character funtions
(wprintf, wsprintf, etc.).

I had thought this was part of the standard C library now - do I need to
upgrade to a new glibc? What do I need to do to get the rest of the wide
character functions for egcs on Linux?

On a related note, do the other Gnu utilities - specifically GDBM - support
wide characters in their API?

I'd also greatly appreciate it if someone who is familiar with these sorts
of issues could point me to an online or offline resource, or even just
answer a few dumb questions (like if/how program arguments in argv are
passed as wide characters.)

thanks in advance

Brent Phillips