Re: glibc 2.1.94 testing on alpha

drepper@redhat.com said:
> This is completely beyond everything one can reasonably expect (the
> garbage at the end of the numbers left aside).  The printf output
> problem can very well be associated with this.  I ran Alpha tests here
> and test-float contains not a single problem and where output is
> printed it looks reasonable.

I know it looks bogus, just have no idea why...  What kind of machine, and
compiler options did you use ?

> This is with a mainline gcc.  I don't know which one you should use.

What do you call mainline ? 2.95.x ?

Any chance this could be kernel related ?  I think rth just added some code in
ther kernel to take care of some de-normal FP processing (though the numbers in
question look far from de-normal to me...)

					Christian