Re: iconv make check failures under ppc

Hi Jack,

I checked.  There is no real difference in the configure options used or
the build itself as far as I can tell.  I added just the "volatile" patch
to my checkout from Friday morning and rebuilt and everything now passes
check.

The funny thing is that the "volatile" may not be needed as Geoff pointed
out but adding them sure seems to have fixed my problems.

It is very curious!

Thanks for eveyone's help.

Kevin