Re: GCC 2.95.2 and GLIBC 2.1.93, broken streambuf.h

On 2 Sep 2000, SL Baur wrote:

> > ... what was applied to mainline CVS gcc last year.
>
> What is "mainline" gcc?  The current gcc-2.95.3 prerelease CVS tree
> (as of early this morning, Japan time) still has this problem.  I've
> been using the gcc-2.96 weekly snapshots to do my building and the C
> part of it seems fairly stable, but C++ and Objective C have a ways to
> go yet.

The mainline CVS is the head (weekly snapshots) of the CVS tree.  The last
official release of GCC was 2.95.2 (I believe), check
http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html.  But there have been a number of
improvements/bug fixexs in the mainline, which is where you will find the
fix you want.  True some of the other languages have a way to go yet.

-Rms