Re: resolver with IPv6 transport support

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 10:26:36PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> As Ulrich already said, you cannot touch anything before the first
> member that says it's PRIVATE.
>
> Also note that res_nsend() goes to considerable trouble to detect when
> nsaddr_list is modified.  That's what the funky union and the EXT
> macro are there for.

It is pretty nasty to allow for changes to nsaddr_list, but I'll see
what I can do. The patch is starting to get ugly though. It might be
helpful if I know how to detect changes. I have trouble finding the
union and EXT, I guess I'm demonstrating my incompetence.

I'll sort it out somehow, but if you feel like explaining in more
detail that would help.

Hope I'm not bothering you guys too much,

Stig

--
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it holds the universe together ...