Re: glibc-2.1.91: segfault problem overcome via kludge

H. J. Lu writes:
>That is strange. I have made sure no DSO will be used until the end
>of "make install". Something must be changed. The last 3 commands of
>"make install" should be
[...]

	The situation was stranger than that.  The segmentation
fault actually occurred when it was trying to invoke the C compiler
for some reason, presumably some dependency issue.  Before I reported
the problem, I had already succeeded in reproducing it with glibc-2.1.91
made from tar files, the only exception being that it did have the
crypt-2.1 tar file unpacked into it (since I had not seen the announcement
at the time).

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."