This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Problem with 'sh' while archiving libc_pic.a
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Problem with 'sh' while archiving libc_pic.a
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at ashi dot footprints dot net>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:17:33 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: "Koundinya.K" <kk at ddeorg dot soft dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On 13 Jun 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Date: 13 Jun 2000 23:00:29 -0700
> From: Ulrich Drepper <email@example.com>
> Reply-To: Ulrich Drepper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To: Koundinya.K <email@example.com>
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: Problem with 'sh' while archiving libc_pic.a
> "Koundinya.K" <email@example.com> writes:
> > Have anyone faced any such problem ?.
> No, since nobody used such a backward system. It's a problem with
> your kernel which cannot be resolved. You would have to rewrite the
> build mechanisms.
Before doing anything, I'd try to find out whether the kernel in question can
be tuned to allow larger command lines. (It probably can't but it's worth a