Re: [Robert Sim <simra@cim.mcgill.ca>] libc/1706: libpthread,multiprocessor linux and fgets/getline

Hi,

I have some follow-up on my bug report, and I wasn't sure where or how to
post it- my apologies if I am spamming the wrong list.

I just want to add that the bug occurs even if the fgets calls are guarded
by a mutex and, even worse, even if only a single thread of execution is
spawned.  As I mentioned previously, read(2) seems to behave properly, so
the problem is likely related to buffering.  I have not yet had an
opportunity to look at the glibc source, so I can't offer much more
insight. Let me know if I can provide anything else.

cheers,

Robert Sim
http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~simra
So long, and thanks for all the Phish