Re: [sbachman@saveware.com] libc/1534: When a program execl()'s in a signal function, the new program no longer responds to any

If your actual program depended on an uninitialized stack word the way your
test program did, then it is easy to imagine arcane ways an unrelated
library change might have happened to affect you.

Also note that SA_NODEFER is not portable, and you probably just want to
use sigprocmask to unblock all signals before the exec; that would make
your program conform to 1003.1-1996.  (Actually, if you ask me, you want to
figure out what bonehead notion is leading to you thining you want to call
exec in a signal handler and remove that bone from that head, but I don't
think you asked me that.)