32bit UID support might go into Linux 2.4

Hi *,

Linux wrote:

Linux> The other minor thing I still want done is the 32-bit uid/gid thing, but
Linux> it's another of those things where I want to think about it before
Linux> applying patches (and like the LFS patches, I probably won't end up
Linux> applying them all at once, but do it my own way in pieces, building up
Linux> the infrastructure..).

Chris has made patches for 32bit UID support which are available via:
<http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/systems/Linux/code/misc/2.3/>

The latest glibc patch is:
<http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/systems/Linux/code/misc/2.3/19991210/glibc-2.1.2-highuid.patch>
and the kernel patches are in:
<http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/systems/Linux/code/misc/2.3/19991215/>

I've helped Chris a little bit with the glibc patches but they might
need a little bit further work - but I do think it's better to wait
until they're in the kernel.

It might be a good idea if others could look over the kernel patches
*before* the inclusion of the patches in the kernel and send their
feedback to Chris.

Thanks,
Andreas
--