Re: Help: Unwinding the C++ stack...throw, longjmp & threads

Mark Mitchell writes:

> Since glibc is usually dynamically linked, I don't see why 200K, on
> disk, is a big deal at all.

One case where it might matter is Linux emergency recovery floppies.  A
floppy only holds 1.4M (already the Debian folks make a special
stripped-down glibc for this purpose, so it might be 100K extra).

But since special glibc's are already being made for this purpose, it
seems that disabling this mechanism is OK ... unless lots of apps start
depending on it.