Re: Support for Linux transparent proxy & asm/types.h

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 11:19:17PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Well your code snippet defenitely doesn't work on my system, since the
> 2.1.130 header doesn't include <ams/types.h> anymore.
> The correct code would be:
>
>    #include <sys/socket.h>
>    nl_socket = socket (PF_NETLINK, ....);
>
> But if the user actually wants to do something useful with the socket
> he/she probably does need some of the constants in <linux/netlink.h>.
> We had a <netlink/netlink.h> for a while in glibc, but IIRC it was
> dropped because the kernel headers were changing too rapidly.  This
> probably means that it is not worth documenting this (yet).

The netlink interface is frozen for 2.2, please don't spread misinformation.
It was dropped because the netlink maintainer vetoed an inclusion into glibc
(because maintaining something in two places is a mainteance nightmare)

I'll document

#include <asm/types.h>
#include <linux/netlink.h>
#include <linux/rtnetlink.h>

for rtnetlink.h now, If you have a better alternative please speak up.

What is with the transparent proxy stuff?

-Andi