CVS build

Rebuilt glibc from the CVS source last night, and to my surprise a make
check actually got past the math lib tests! First time I've seen
that since... Well a while :) Either recent changes to glibc or
changes to egcs egcs made this possible.

Recent problems noted:

lpd, sendmail and hostname all behave abnormally when disconnected from
the network. my nsswitch.conf file is set up with "hosts: files dns
nisplus", which works fine. But if I use "hosts: dns files nisplus", it
just hangs. My local nameserver is set up with all the proper zones to
allow name resolution (nslookup has no problems querying the server). From
my understanding of "hostname", it knows the machine-name part of the
hostname and looks up the FQDN with the system interface. So a plain
"hostname" works, but "hostname -f" will hang for some time. lpd and
sendmail also hang at boot time.

The bind version is 8.1.2, are there any known incompatibilities with
glibc 2.1 (recent versions) and bind? This all worked before.

Great work though, these prereleases are really feeling solid. Maybe you
can beat the 2.2.0 kernel release :)