This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: miscellaneous patch questions...
- To: Dan Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: miscellaneous patch questions...
- From: Ulrich Drepper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 20 Aug 1998 15:59:32 -0700
- Cc: email@example.com
- References: <19980816004032.A16595@mindcryme.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ulrich Drepper)
Dan Jacobowitz <email@example.com> writes:
> First of all, the ioctl patch I submitted. Is it acceptable for
> inclusion? If not, any specific thing I should fix?
I have to look through my backlog.
> Second, chown. I understand why we do not want to propogate the ugly
> i386 fix to PPC, but without it a glibc built against recent kernel
> headers requires a recent kernel to work.
I told already several times that I don't make this decision for all
ports. The port maintainer (for PPC I consider this Geoff Keating)
must make the call.
> And last, is there a particular reason why the /usr/bin/ldd shell
> script prints an error message if you do not have execute permissions
> for the file in question?
I've aded code to redirect warnings and error messages to stderr.
---------------. drepper at gnu.org ,-. 1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Ulrich Drepper \ ,-------------------' \ Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Cygnus Solutions `--' drepper at cygnus.com `------------------------