This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.0 and glibc 2.1 ppc development
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirlemail@example.com>
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.0 and glibc 2.1 ppc development
- From: Philip Blundell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 17:21:23 +0100
- cc: "Kevin B. Hendricks" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
>as I don't think this is PPC specific, I cc'ed it to libc-alpha. A quick
>browse in the glibc-2.1 sources showed that no platform seems to save the
>condition code in jmp_buf. So this is probably a issue with kaffe on all
The ABI on many platforms states that the condition codes are not preserved
across function calls, so there is no need to save them. On machines where
the codes do have to be preserved they are indeed saved in the jmp_buf.