Re: symlink problems with mac os

On 10/22/2017 11:47 PM, Björn Raupach wrote:

Thanks for spending time on this. Like I said it is really a minor issue.

True. Regardless, I prefer a cleaner/simpler file layout that minimizes symlinks.
If that can avoid a problem on Mac so much the better.

Unfortunately I couldn’t make it work. Might be a misunderstanding on my part.

I forgot about this: there is a both a share/kawa/bin/kawa, and a bin/kawa
that is a link to the latter.  That seems ugly.  The reason is so that the
kawa script can just look for ../kawa/lib/kawa.jar, regardless of whether we:
(1) run-in-place in the build directory,
(2) run installed files (result of 'make install'), or
(3) run from an unzipped kawa.zip binary distribution.

I think there are better ways to solve this "multi-mode problem" - one is
for 'make install' to make a one-line patch to the kawa script as it is installed.