Re: gnu.expr.ModuleMethod no more? (+ Emacs SLIME)

On 06/05/2017 08:01 AM, Duncan Mak wrote:
I'm interested in working on an LSP implementation for Kawa. Do you
have any suggestions on how / where to get started?

One thing to do is look at other language servers, especially for
JVM-based languages: Groovy, Java, Scala, Clojure:
See https://github.com/Microsoft/language-server-protocol/wiki/Protocol-Implementations
https://github.com/thheller/shadow-cljs/issues/2

It seems plausible that when in a REPL we'd want to use the same
JVM for both the RPEL and the LSP server.  That leads to some interesting
possibilities and challenges integrating and editor with the REPL front-end.

Adding support for ranges on top of positions seems like an obvious
choice, but I'd also like to write more Scheme code than Java, do you
know of any other tasks that would help get this feature bootstrapped?

I'm working on the basic data structure support for 'end positions'.
So far lots of compiler errors, but I'll check it in once there are
no regressions.