This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Kawa project.
gnu.expr.ModuleMethod no more? (+ Emacs SLIME)
- From: "Sudarshan S Chawathe" <chaw at eip10 dot org>
- To: kawa <kawa at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 16:50:40 -0400
- Subject: gnu.expr.ModuleMethod no more? (+ Emacs SLIME)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: "Sudarshan S Chawathe" <chaw at eip10 dot org>
The source and binary packages for kawa-2.4 (from ftp.gnu.org) both
include the class gnu.expr.ModuleMethod but the Gitlab repository
doesn't seem to have it. Is that indicative of a change in future
Kawa releases? If so, what is the recommended replacement?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. I did a quick grep and
skimming on the Changelogs and couldn't figure much out except that
ModuleMethod.java did exist in the repository a while back. I suspect
this may be somehow related to recent changes related to the merged
invoke branch, but have only vague ideas.
Background: I go to the above question as I was trying to get Emacs
SLIME working with Kawa using swank-kawa.scm in SLIME's contrib
directory and discovered that it uses gnu.expr.ModuleMethod which my
current Kawa installation (tracking the Kawa Gitlab repo) doesn't have.
However, I did find them in the Kawa 2.4 releases. (As an aside, if
anyone is using SLIME with Kawa and/or has pointers in that regard, I'd
be grateful to receive them.)