Re: Help, Setting classpath, using external java libraries with Kawa

On 04/01/2017 02:35 AM, Vasantha Ganesh wrote:
Hello Bothner,
  This is probably a noob question. In Java while compiling and using
external libraries  we use -classpath option. How to use external java
libraries with Kawa?

I read https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Compiling.html

Then I tried to compile scheme program with `--main` and `-C` options
and generated a .class file. Then I tried to  run it with Java like a
normal class file by setting -classpath option, but I get:

Error: Could not find or load main class somescript

I also tried the -J option with kawa and I get

Error: Could not find or load main class

I also tried to set the CLASSPATH to the external library (jar file),
it does not work.

Show us the actual commands you're trying, including the command used
to create the jar file.

Both setting CLASSPATH and using -J should work.

Note you have to use a separate -J option for each "word":

kawa -J-cp -Jfoo.jar

is roughly equivalent to

java -cp foo.jar kawa.repl

On 04/01/2017 04:23 AM, Sudarshan S Chawathe wrote:>> From: Vasantha Ganesh <vasanthaganesh.k@gmail.com>

If I understand your question correctly then it seems you need to use
the -D option to define java.library.path suitably.  Example:

  kawa -Djava.library.path="/where/the/java/libs/are:/another/one:/so/on"

The java.library.path relates to native libraries (.so/.dll, not .class or .jar files).
It don't think it is relevant here.