Re: proposal: move Kawa from Subversion to git on gitlab.com

On 11/12/2016 08:41 PM, Jamison Hope wrote:

Re MethodHandles, I use Kawa on some computers at work that are stuck
with RHEL 6 + Java 6, so please don't break it!

Noted!

One idea I had is to define a fake MethodHandle class:

public class CallContext {
   /* #ifndef use:java.lang.invoke */
   // public static abstract class MethodHandle {
   //     public abstract Object invokeExact(Procedure proc, CallContext ctx);
   // };
   /* #endif */
}

And in code that uses it:

/* #ifdef use:java.lang.invoke */
import java.lang.invoke.Methodhandle;
/* #else */
// import gnu.mapping.CallContext.MethodHandle;
/* #endif */

It's rather gross but it reduces the places where PreProcessing
conditionals would be needed to clutter up the code.
(Actual typedefs would be cleaner.)

A concrete class that extends CallContext.MethodHandle might
use reflection, but it could also be compiler-generated.